GREGORY J. BERNARD
Extensive experience as a lead engineer in dealing with business requirements and making those requirements reality. Expertise in systems integration both domestically and internationally. Capable of leading projects from inception to completion. Very detail oriented and use this to document design decisions and trade-offs. Positive, motivated team player with strong work ethics.
Languages: Java, J2EE, EJB, JDBC, JMS, SQL, XML, XSLT, ASP, HTTP, Perl, C, C++, FORTRAN, Ada
Software: Oracle, MS-SQL Server 2000, MS Word, Project, Excel, Apache, IIS, JBoss, Tomcat, Perforce, CVS, Ant, JUnit, Siege, Homer
Linux, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows 2000
Hardware: VAX, Alpha, IBM PC clones, Solaris workstations
Other: Servlets, TCP/IP, socket programming, shell scripting, RS-232, MIL-STD-1553B, V.35, GPIB bus logic
|LYCOS FINANCIAL DIVISION
||Mountain View CA
||1999 - 2002
Software maintenance consisting of Perl scripting, shell scripts, Java programming, and MS-SQL stored procedures in a five-tier architecture for financial news and research feeds.
- Led five person team re-launching partner OEM web site. Replaced proprietary Unix system with company standard NT system by adding functionality to NT system, and eliminating need to support two systems, which decreased operational expenses. Implemented new system architecture that lowered response time to less than 2 seconds and increased availability to 99.9% uptime.
- In conjunction with an international team, conducted needs analysis for sister company in Mexico. Implemented architecture that increased reliability and scalability towards goal of 2 second response time and 99.9% uptime, replacing their outdated, unreliable system.
- Liaison to Business Development for HTML Newsletter project that rivaled competitors' products. Worked with web development in building static home page suitable for emailing. Built custom Java JMS components and worked with operations, building an entirely new email farm supporting one hour post stock market open delivery requirement.
- Central point for QA and testing activities to standardize on procedures and practices.
- Pioneered Global QA plan that standardized sites, projects, and processes throughout organization.
Senior Network Application Engineer
|INTERACTIVE DATA CORPORATION
||1994 - 1999
Primary duties included network programming, system management, troubleshooting and configuring systems receiving financial stock market data from RS-232, V.35, or Ethernet using TCP/IP.
- Designed and integrated multicast headline receiver, decreasing response time from minutes to under 5 seconds.
- Implemented programs that received and re-distributed TCP data via broadcast and multicast, saving company money by eliminating redundant hardware.
- Technical lead for Hong Kong Stock Exchange project. Installed, configured VAX systems and trouble-shot configuration with digitizing front end, giving company its first presence outside of the US.
- Acted as back-end QA engineer to improve system reliability to increase system productivity.
|LITTON INCORPORATED ATD
||San Jose CA
||1988 - 1994
Developed and integrated real-time embedded systems controlled by PC clones. Configured PCs and test equipment over an RS-232 bus and GPIB bus.
- Re-implemented Special Emitter Investigation software algorithms providing easier maintenance and portability between platforms.
- Principal Investigator for R&D modeling group. Evaluated vendor models determining cost/benefit ratio for buy/build decisions to save company money.
|DALMO VICTOR SINGER SSE
||1985 - 1988
Responsible for developing high fidelity algorithms for radar warning systems.
- Ported angle/histogram algorithms to new processor, increasing accuracy by nearly 8%.
- One of first four engineers conducting field and integration testing, in Los Angeles, which increased company presence with government and prime contractors.
- Assumed responsibility and finished developing simulation for radar warning system, which aided in hardware development and saved prototyping costs.
Automatic Test Equipment Software Engineer
|OKLAHOMA CITY AIR LOGISTICS CENTER
||Oklahoma City OK
||1984 - 1985
Maintenance of Automatic Test Equipment software for Air Launched Cruise
- Led QA meetings to verify system stability and performance.
- Checked hardware test results and prime contractor investigations, ensuring operational safety.
MS, Computer Engineering, SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY, San Jose CA, 1998
BS, Electrical Engineering, LAWRENCE TECH. UNIVERSITY, Southfield MI, 1984