Job Objective: A technical position, providing leadership, architectural, and hands-on software challenges, in Internet or Wireless-Enabled Software (preferably in J2EE or User Interface) Multi-tiered Application Development.
Summary: A solid technical team player/leader who is creative, thorough, quality-oriented, & communicates effectively.
· Graphics /UIMS: Swing, AWT, Motif, X-Windows, OpenGL, PowerBuilder, TeleUSE
· Operating Systems: WinNT/2000Pro, Solaris, Red Hat Linux, IRIX, VMECard Real-Time OS (minimal), Mac OS
· IDEs: WebGain 4.5.1, JBuilder, JPadPro 4.3, XMLSpy 4.3, SunOne/Forte CE, Rational Rose, EMACS
· Web Tools/Standards: JDK 1.2.2/1.3.1, J2EE 1.2.1, Servlets, EJB 1.1/2.0, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Jakarta Xalan 2.3.1, NetObjects Fusion 7, Visio, HomeSite, CORBA (Visibroker), Kana CRM, Oracle 8.1.7, SQLNav
· Web / App Servers: WebLogic App Server 5.1/6.x, iPlanet WebServer 4.1
· Telephony: CDMA, OSI (CM, FM, LM, PM, etc.), TMN, CMIP, GSM (minimal)
· Codebase Management: MKS, PVCS, ClearDDTS, ClearCase, CMSynergy, Gnats, RCS/SCCS, Unipress Footprints, CVS
· Deployment Tools: Exceed, Ant, Cygwin, JUnit, JProbe, Purify, Rogue Wave Tools, MKS Toolkit
· Design Methodologies: UML, OMT, Design Patterns, McConnell Proponent, SEI CMM
· Software Processes: Requirements gathering, risk identification/assessment, functional specification, design, implementation, on-line documentation, and customer support
· Leadership: Supervised 4-5 member technical teams and interns (mentoring and performance reviews)
SynergyWare, Inc. (http://www.synergywareinc.com), San Diego (04/99 to present)
Principal Software Consultant (for the following Wingcast, Cayenta, and other assignments):
· Work towards Sun Java Programmer Certification
· BEA WebLogic 7.0 Application Server
· Consultation and Technology Evaluation of Business plans for 2 Internet eBusiness site(s).
· Installation of Internet/Intranet utilizing Cat 5 enabled wired Hub, additional 802.11b Wireless Access-point w 128 bit shared key encryption, within established Hardware & Software Firewalls
Wingcast (Qualcomm/Ford Telematics venture, http://www.wingcast.com ), San Diego (05/01 – 06/02 Company closure)
Technical Architect / Lead Software Engineer, CRM and Service Delivery Group (commitment renewed 3 times)
· Key Participant in the extensive customization and development of a commercial CRM product, whose end product was the primary Telematics (integration of internal vehicle electronics, wireless communications, GPS, and IT) deliverable. It supported: in-vehicle/untethered voice-driven users, browser-based customer service reps, and 3rd-party OEM Access. This was a complex development and integration effort requiring system integration of: custom java server code, IE v 5.5 browser, network switching components (Switch, ACD, ICM, CTI, etc.), 3rd-party software, load sharing/balancing for all web and application servers, and a sophisticated Oracle backend system.
· Designed and implemented the Agent Desktop CTI Softphone features. The JSP Client Browser presentation layer (View) and Solaris Server components were achieved by architecting the system in a Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern and following the J2EE standards. A WebLogic application server accessing the Kana CTI EJB supported the controller layer or middle tier. All of the business logic and workflow resided on the server-side via Session beans, which used Entity Beans for querying, persisting or updating the backend Oracle database.
· Architected deployment strategies for development, QA, and final production (ex. multiple Solaris AppServer instances) environments. Implemented an automated build system (encompassing 3 subsystems - Agent Platform, Database, and Agent Desktop Services), utilizing a combination of Jakarta Ant, XML, cygwin, shell scripting, and java jar stamping for portability across multiple heterogeneous (both Win 2000Pro and Solaris) server instances.
· Architect role entailed mentoring both team leads and junior developers on balancing aggressive deliverable schedules against long-term goals by utilizing such techniques as: spiral software cycles, essential documentation (class architecture / sequence diagrams), peer partnering, design pattern utilization, and requirements triage.
· Provided extensive User experience design feedback for modeling complex Customer Relationship Management.
Cayenta.com (http://www.cayenta.com , was Transnational Partners II, LLC), San Diego (04/99 to 05/01 Divisional Closure)
Staff Software Engineer, EAI (Enterprise Applications Integration) Group – West
· Sempra Energy - Phoenix Project
· Managed, architected, and implemented a solutions-oriented Security Management Toolset. Deliverable (Sun server and Windows lightweight Java client components) was implemented as both a standalone and embeddable application. Design included UML architecture and windowing storyboard documentation, reusable API layer, performance tuning, and compatibility for future integration with LDAP Services.
· The EFX Object Repository and Format Conversion Services was designed and implemented utilizing IDL, CORBA, Java, and Visual Basic components hosted on a Windows NT platform. Successful effort included driving project from conception through deployment, mentoring subordinates, and technology transfer to client.
· Energy America – authored a comprehensive architectural study for a web-based incident (encompassing bugs, issues, enhancements, etc.) tracking system. A Java application was integrated into the production system to handle logs and tagged notification errors. The implementation effort covered all design aspects and final deployment (configuration, customization, and support). The follow-on phase handled data migration from an internal proprietary DB to SQLServer 7, as well as, shell-script creation (reprint bill file validation and packaging) and detailed on-going report generation (JReport configuration, debugging, and upgrading).
· Concurrent Tasks: Designed and Developed CSR Email notification Servlet; Enhanced Mainsaver Asset Management Product via PowerBuilder conduits; and Moderated SNAP (Strategic Needs Assessment Project) Workshop sessions.
· EJB installation and demonstration for potential clients (utilized Sun’s reference J2EE); WebGain Studio Installation and evaluation (WebLogic, Dreamweaver, etc.); and Architecture evaluations for client 2 and 3-tier application designs.
Qualcomm, Inc. (http://www.qualcomm.com ), San Diego (03/94 to 04/99)
· Team Lead (5 people) and Technical Developer for:
· Product migration/redesign of hand-coded C++ managed objects (MOs) to industry (TMN) standard
· Investigated and resolved error prone network management interface specification process. As resolution, the on-going development process was migrated online accompanied by standardized web forms.
· Design and development of an OSI modeled interface that allowed CMIP based management of GSM applications within a Satellite-based CDMA system.
· Designed and implemented (C++, Motif, OODB) the Base Station Network Manager performance and diagnostic logging functionality composed of server and multi-session client components. The deliverable supported extensive usage by both external service provider operators and in-house system integration personnel.
· Performed Object Modeling and Conceptual Design for various Network Management GUI client features (ex. Session Information Area, User views of an Object DB’s Operational, Warehouse, and Clipboard areas, Alarm behavior).
Biosym Technologies (became MSI, Inc., now Accelrys, Inc., http://www.accelrys.com ), San Diego (05/91-03/94)
Scientific Programmer, Open Interface Group
· Responsibilities included the conception and development (in C++) of a Molecular Spreadsheet (a subset of Excel like functionality as well as molecular modeling specific requirements) to handle: a wide variety of value type storage/manipulation, Formulas, Table Cell display attributes control of border, text format, highlighting, and implementation of hierarchical (Row/Column/Individual/Uniform) dynamic structures to handle memory tiling, performance constraints. These spreadsheets were adopted as the generic data storage mechanism for intra-group data processing and visualization. The save/restore capability was implemented in both ASCII and binary XDR formats.
GDE Systems (now BAE Systems, http://www.baesystems.com ), San Diego (01/86-05/91)
Software Engineer, Mission Data & Display
· Implemented features for a Real-Time Closed-Loop Imaging Guidance Simulation Dynamic Data Display.
· Designed a Digital Darkroom Application Plug-In module used to create 3-D Elevation Maps from Digitized Imagery.
University of California, San Diego - Concurrent and Extension Continuing Education Programs
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Bachelor of Science Degree, Electrical Engineering, December 1985.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Electrical Engineering Curriculum (08/81 to 06/83)