Roanoke, TX 76262
Greg Kluthe Consulting
· 11 years experience with over 7 years designing and developing web-based enterprise solutions and products
· Creative software engineer who provides innovative solutions to difficult technical problems that create forward-thinking solutions to real-world problems
· Effective collaborative leader with ability to interface effectively with teammates, including peers, subordinates, customers, partners and executive management
· Extensive customer interaction with domestic and international clients
· Industry/application focus is varied with strong emphasis on telecom operations management, call center management, and back-end integration
Software Tools: BEA WebLogic, ATG Dynamo, NetBeans/Forte, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Interwoven TeamSite, CVS, Clearcase
Speech Tools: VoiceGenie, Nuance, SpeechWorks, Intervoice Brite
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Extreme Programming (XP), Waterfall
Operating Systems: Unix (Linux, Solaris), Windows NT/2000
Publicly traded telecommunications company. On the Voice Portal IT team implementing the CIO’s initiative, a program designed to provide consumer self-service for consumer and business customers using speech technology to replace the IVR in call centers. Results expected are financial savings and increased customer satisfaction. Brought in as a consultant to lead the development team in developing J2EE-based voice applications.
Publicly traded company providing a voice application development and deployment middleware platform utilizing VoiceXML and J2EE technologies and implementing patented voice user interface methodologies. Company launched initial product in 2001, attracting 6 Fortune 100 companies to implement its software, but ceased operations in September 2002 due to insufficient funding. General Magic recruited me as a result of successful client relationship.
Enterprise consulting company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, providing web software consulting, design, development, implementation, and training. Encore established its West Coast offices in December 2000 by absorbing the Xerago engineering team. Encore shut down the regional facility in May 2001 due to financial investment constraints from expanding too quickly.
ATG-General Magic Integration
· Provided product and systems architecture across all web-based development projects
· Recommended ways for designing and implementing web-based, Internet-architected products including EJB component development, dynamic PDF generation, and XML data integration with 3rd party products
· Designed and implemented highly profitable TeamSite global training operations for Interwoven, becoming key strategic partner with Interwoven
· Co-authored a Simulation Lab for Interwoven to recreate actual field experience for use in training new clients and employees
· Dramatically improved Interwoven training quality and efficiency while improving time to market
(A division of Williams Communications Group)
Company provides data networking solutions to CLECs, DLECs and ISPs. Major customer was Concentric Networks (now XO Communications). Recruited by former manager.
Senior Internet Consultant (Jul 98 – Nov 99)
Internet Consultant (Dec 97 – Jul 98)
Developed and implemented enterprise-wide Operational Support System (OSS) for major client, Concentric Network. Roles included chief architect and lead developer of cross-functional team of 10+ people.
· Proposed and received authorization for 100% web-based Operational Support System including Business Process Engine, Order Management, Asset Management and real-time Network Operations Center (NOC) diagnostics and management.
· Provided key customer interface to determine detailed system requirements
· Responsible to design, develop, test, implement and train system across entire enterprise
· Supported system demos to sell system across the company and to financial investors
· Benefits of system allowed client to add new customers at an unprecedented rate, accelerate time to market, improve customer satisfaction and reduce operating costs
· Both Concentric and Williams Technology Solutions standardized on solution
Software Development Consulting Firm
Assigned to Anheuser-Busch. Created vision and obtained authorization for enterprise-wide web-based Supply Chain Management System. Led design, development and cross-functional implementation team comprised of internal and external groups. Provided system demos to help sell the system to users throughout the company. System benefits include timely, accurate communications with vendors and customers, resulting in instant financial savings of $2+m per year. Company standardized on solution. Also, designed and implemented the www.budice.com website.
Pre-IPO company providing Network Management, Billing, and Operational Support System software to the global telecommunications industry
On-site Technical Consultant (Apr 95 – Sept 95)
Test Engineer (Sept 91 – Apr 95)
Internship (Summer 91)
Provided consulting to company’s top customers, analyzing operational workflow and developing improvements to customer’s use of product software. Recommended technology/process solutions that improved operational productivity and quality. Initiated idea, then designed and developed custom add-on application that automated work order assignment and tracking, resulting in 75% reduction in time required to perform function. Customers included Department of Energy Headquarters Telecommunications Group, US West’s Telecommunications Operations at Hanford Department of Energy Site in Washington State and premiere British-based industry partner supporting their customers in Russia, Britain and Philippines. US WEST presented results of my work at international user’s group meeting.
Internally-focused activities included recommending / developing early web-based customer information and problem log tracking application system, providing company-wide access to customer data; authoring and performing both integration and system tests on product software; and recommending / implementing standard regression testing process with automated testing procedures.
ATG Dynamo Developer and Personalization Effective Team Management
Internet and Systems Security Management Skills for the New Manager
Solaris Administration Interwoven TeamSite Certified Trainer
Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and Server
University of Missouri – St. Louis, MO, Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems